development jobs, I/NGO's vacancy, UN vacancy, redCross, jobseeker, humanitarian, social worker, etc
AJI(The Alliance of Independent Journalists Indonesia), members
of International Federations Journalist (IFJ) and Co-Founder Southeast
Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), International Freedom of Expression
Exchange (IFEX)are looking for suitable candidate for position of :
1. Minimum 3 years experience in managing community programs and projects.
2. Experience in and strong understanding of managing development aid projects.
This includes needs assessment; project design/proposal; developing and
implementing work plans and agreements; monitoring, evaluation and
reporting; and budgets.
2. Experience in developing strategies and program planning.
3. Experience in managing personnel.
4. Experience in working closely with local partner organizations.
5. Fluency in English, particularly writing and speaking.
6. Strong people skills with demonstrated ability to undertake negotiations, and with the ability to network effectively.
7. Experience in managing an office environment with conflicting deadlines/priorities.
8. Understanding of, and commitment to, Press Freedom principles.
9.Well developed computer skills, including ability to use Word, Excel and familiarity with program system.
experience in a developing programs in the following media priority
program areas: vocational education and training, labour rights,
capacity building of community organizations.
2. Experience working in and International or Local NGO.
qualifications in one of the following: community
development, politics, economics, international
4. Experienced in managing budget for program.
5. Having sense of motivating and high iniciative.
6. Experienced in managing for media network.
7. Experienced in managing people as team work.
8. Having knowledge of operating PC : Ms Office & Internet
9. Willingness to travel around Indonesia.
10. Fluency in English (writing and speaking)
several programs (jurnalism training, setting up and following up for
media network, workshop, support group for journalists )
· Managing budget for program implementation
· Coordinating with local staff
· Monitoring and evaluating program
· Responsible for progress and final report
· Taking a consultancy support for local staff
· Building up a relationship with local journalists and related institutions
Location : Jakarta
Contract : 1 year (extendable ˆ due to 3 month probation period)
* Application letter
* Latest colored photo size 4 x 6cm
Please send your complete resume and attachments to :
firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com
Make sure that your application letter will be received not until June 12 2008. Only qualified shorted candidates will be notified
Advertisement for Accounting Assistant
Hickling Corporation is a public sector management consultant firm and is currently undertaking the Governance Reform Support Project (GRS Project) funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) working in cooperation with Bappenas and other central and regional government agencies.
We are currently seeking a person to fill the position of an Accounting & Contracts Assistants, who will assist the Accounting and Contract Manager with the following job descriptions:
§ Receive & make payment of invoice from vendors
§ Responsible for Corporate Bank and Petty Cash
§ Preparing for workshop finance administration
§ Working with accounting software
§ Maintain the filling system
Required Job Qualifications
a.. At least 3-5 years in finance and accounting experience, preferably with large-scale international projects
b.. Successful experience working in an accounting and finance.
c.. Familiar with tax and accounting journal
d.. Excellent computer, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook exchange email system, software accounting and especially Quick Books
e.. Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesian required.
§ Minimum S1 degree in accounting.
§ Quick learner, good interpersonal relationship, organized, have deep interest in Indonesia's development issues.
Compensation will be provided based on the candidate's experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the June 6, 2008. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sebuah LSM internasional saat ini membutuhkan tenaga fasilitator lapangan untuk bekerja di 4 (empat) daerah di Sumatra Barat, Banten, NTB, dan Jawa Barat pada program air bersih untuk jangka waktu 8 (delapan) bulan sejak Juni 2008 sampai Januari 2009.
Tugas yang akan diemban oleh fasilitator lapangan tersebut meliputi:
1. Mengidentifikasi desa-desa yang memiliki masalah pada akses air bersih,
2. Mempelajari dan mendokumentasi masalah sanitasi dan pola hidup bersih di masyarakat desa sasaran,
3. Memfasilitasi pertemuan-pertemuan masyarakat untuk merumuskan masalah, mencari solusi, dan membangkitkan kemandirian dan potensi masyarakat untuk pemecahan masalah air bersih dan sanitasi di daerahnya,
4. Melakukan monitoring pekerjaan rekanan (vendor) dalam pengadaan air bersih,
5. Mendokumentasikan proses dan hasil pekerjaan di lapangan sesuai dengan ketentuan donor,
6. Membangun synergy melalui koordinasi dan komunikasi intensif dengan pihak-pihak terkait di desa sasaran,
Kualifikasi yang dibutuhkan terdiri atas:
1. Lulusan SLTA dengan pengalaman kerja di bidang yang terkait selama lebih dari 5 (lima) tahun; atau
2. Lulusan Diploma dengan pengalaman kerja di bidang yang terkait selama lebih dari 3 (tiga) tahun, atau
3. Lulusan Sarjana dengan pengalaman kerja di bidang yang terkait paling sedikit 1 (satu) tahun.
B. Jenis Pengalaman
1. Berpengalaman memfasilitasi kegiatan pemberdayaan masyarakat. Lebih diutamakan yang berkenaan dengan bidang air dan sanitasi. Pengalaman di bidang lain menjadi nilai tambah
C. Keahlian lain
1. Diutamakan bagi mereka yang menguasai teknik fasilitasi dan teknik PRA (Participatory Rural Appraisal);
2. Pernah mengikuti pelatihan-pelatihan lain seperti pelatihan sosial mobilisasi (Sosmob), pelatihan pemberdayaan masyarakat, dll.
3. Memahami pengoperasian komputer terutama MS-Office
4. Terbiasa menulis laporan kegiatan secara teratur.
5. Dapat mengendari sepeda motor dan memiliki SIM C
Pelamar harus memiliki Keterampilan Lunak (Soft Skill) seperti berikut:
1. Rasa percaya diri dan motivasi tinggi untuk melakukan perubahan di masyarakat;
2. ¡Adaptative¢ terhadap kehidupan di pedesaan dan sekaligus terhadap budaya organisasi yang cenderung cepat, efisien, dan disiplin;
3. Tahan terhadap tugas beragam dengan ¡deadline¢ yang ketat
Kirimkan Daftar Riwayat Hidup dan lamaran Anda ke: email@example.com paling lambat 10 Juni 2008 atau melalui pos ke: Program Air Bersih, Jl. Taman Margasatwa No. 26, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan 12550. Cantumkan Kode: FO di sudut kiri amplop lamaran.
Untuk mempromosikan kesetaraan gender, kami menghimbau kaum perempuan untuk mengajukan lamaran
An international NGO is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill in the position of Water and Sanitation Officers to be based in Banten, West Java, NTB, and West Sumatra under the Water and Sanitation Project. The project will be last for 8 (eight) months starting from June 2008 to January 2009.
The objective of the position is to assist Water and Sanitation Manager in providing potable water for poor families in the village level through well provision and at the same time preparing reports to donors.
The candidates should have the following qualifications:
1. Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering or other relevant fields
2. Minimum 1 (one) year experience in implementing water and sanitation project/ programme
3. Fluency in verbal and written English is a must
4. Ability to write reports in English is preferred
5. Computer literate, particularly using MS-Office
Since the project is targeted for rural poor communities, the candidates must have the following qualities:
1. Strong desire to work with and motivate poor communities to change,
2. Being prepared to travel to rural areas,
3. Good communication skills with diverse target audiences including local government authorities, line agencies, community leaders, community members, and colleagues,
4. Be a good team player,
5. Excellent performance in multitasking jobs,
6. Being able to drive a motor bike and holding a C driver license.
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Water and Sanitation Programme no later than June 10, 2008, Jl. Taman Margasatwa No. 26, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan 12550. Write „WO‰ on your above left corner envelope.
We promote equal opportunity and female applicants are encouraged to apply
No. 2008 - 15
Post Title: Project Officer
Title: Papua Indigenous
Peoples Empowerment (PIPE) Programme: Reducing Poverty and Strengthening Peace
and Development Mechanisms involving Indigenous Peoples in Papua and West Papua ˆ Indonesia
Agency: International Labour Organization
Duration: The project duration is
expected to continue until 31 December 2008. The
appointment is for short-term contract till 31 December 2008
Station: Jayapura, Papua
Date: 15 June 2008
The above-mentioned project is an
initial response of the ILO to Papua and IJB‚s need for assistance in
addressing the problem of poverty and in sustaining peace and development in
the province within the framework of the Papua Special Autonomy Law
(OTSUS). With the indigenous peoples in
the two provinces as the main partners,the project has three components
which are indicative of its primary objectives, namely:
1) Poverty reduction;
2) Promotion of gender equality; and
3) Strengthening peace and development mechanisms.
To achieve its objectives, the project
uses a community-driven participatory development (CDPD) approach. Essentially, the approach seeks to facilitate
processes which would enable partner communities and assisting local/national
government agencies to gain sufficient empowerment and to undertake effective
measures for reducing poverty and promoting peace and development in their
midst. Part of the methodology is the establishment of sustainable mechanisms
for coordination and collaboration not only with concerned government agencies
but also with other institutions working in the province including internal
agencies, non-government organizations and church groups.
It is expected that in the process, the
project will generate and promote best practices, experiences and lessons which
may serve as inputs for similar activities and as the foundation for a possible
scaling up of the project at the end of its time-frame.
The Project Officer will provide
support in the implementation of the project with its three interrelated
components. He/she will contribute to the necessary programming activities
which would lead to the attainment of the specific objectives of the project with
specific attention being paid to effectiveness and sustainability.
v Under the guidance of the Chief Technical Adviser (CTA),
provide substantial contribution to the overall management of the project
focusing on the attainment of its development and specific objectives.
v Serve as the primary link of the project to the Project
Steering Committee (PSC), concerned local government units, cooperating UN
agencies and other relevant institutions.
v Contribute significantly to the promotion of the project
with special attention to building up the foundation for its possible subsequentreplication and scaling
1. Provide clear and specific facilitative services that would ensure the effective implementation of the project especially in relation to the application of the Community Driven Participatory Development (CDPD) methodology.
2. Build and maintain relationships with project stakeholders and with similar programmes/projects in Papua and West Papua with a view at developing effective systems for collaboration, coordination and knowledge sharing, including sharing resources whenever feasible.
3. Collaborate with the technical staff both in Papua and West Papua in the preparation and implementation of project work plans, and in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
4. Participate in the review and validation of partner community Action Plans for poverty reduction and village development, and of the specific plans of primary stakeholders for the promotion of gender equality and the strengthening of peace and development mechanisms.
5. Keep abreast of and provide briefings on procedures and guidelines concerning project design, implementation and evaluation, and the provision of programming and technical support services.
6. Monitor and guide the financial management of the project to ensure that allocations provided and expenditures incurred are in accordance with the terms of reference and approved budget.
7. Prepare monthly reports on the status of project activities highlighting best practices and lessons-to-be-learned (and how), provide recommendations for follow-through activities, then adjust project work plan (if necessary) to ensure the achievement of project‚s intended outputs.
8. Prepare quarterly summary project implementation updates for the Project Steering Committee (PSC) and other stakeholders.
9. Provide inputs for the preparation of six-monthly progress reports in the form of narrative information and statistical data.
10. Establish and maintain relevant databases e.g. programme of activities and regularly disseminate information through specific channels both internally and externally including newsletters, newspapers, etc.
11. Responsible for sharing relevant knowledge with ILO colleagues as well project partners. In addition, promote sharing of relevant experience and expertise between colleagues
12. Participate in project development, including needs‚ identification and prioritization, and assist in the design of related technical cooperation projects and in resource mobilization activities.
13. Assist in the preparation of Terms of Reference for consultants and sub-contractors and in the supervision and monitoring of their work.
14. Consolidate project related documents and reports and maintain a reference system to facilitate quick access to these materials as needed.
15. Provide administrative/logistical support for meetings, seminars and or workshops including preparation of accurate Statement of Expenditures of the programme
16. Provide guidance on financial issues for the project implementing agencies which includes: preparing cash book, summary page, and bank reconciliation form, summary of cash transaction, expenditure forecast and final expenditure report.
17. Assist in procurement of project equipment and supplies and maintain appropriate inventory records.
18. Provide guidance and supervise the work of lower level project staff.
19. Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the CTA.
Education - First
level university degree in economics, community development, management or
other related field.
Experience - Four years working in programme management support activities. Experience in working with international
development cooperation programmes and understandingof the
culture of the indigenous peoples in Papua/Ir is an advantage.
Nationality - Indonesian
command of Bahasa Indonesia and a good command of English.
knowledge of the purpose and functions of technical cooperation programmes and
of the other offices and sectors interacting with the programme
ˆ Good knowledge of
technical data and programme management skills for handling detailed
assignments with a professional nature.
knowledge of programme planning, implementation and evaluation principles,
practices and procedures.
ˆ Skill in applying
the methodologies of a technical or administrative field.
ˆ Good analytical
skills and drafting skills, and demonstrated ability to prepare reports.
ˆ Ability to make
sound and fair judgments based on available information.
Organizational and Leadership Skill
ˆ Ability to work under
pressure with minimum supervision.
ˆ Ability to work
in a team and to motivate subordinate staff...
organizational skills and able to deal with a broad range of staff and to
respond to their queries.
ˆ Demonstrate a
high level of commitment and responsibility towards completing assignments
efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
ˆ Excellent time
ˆ Display high
standards of ethical conduct.
ˆ Ability to
communicate effectively both orally and in writing and demonstrated
ability to work and communicate with people in a polite, courteous and
ˆ Ability to work
with word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as computer software
packages required for work.
UN common remuneration system at NO A
level and/or commensurate with the qualifications and competencies of the
Examination and Interview
candidates will be required to sit a written examination and take part in an
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply and
submit application letters along with their CV and three references indicating
the vacancy announcement number to:
The Director, ILO Jakarta office
Fax : (021) 3100766
Closing date: 6 June 2008
ILO promotes opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive
employment in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity
Partnership for Governance Reform in Indonesia is a multi-stakeholder association dedicated to support Indonesian initiatives aimed at supporting governance reform in Indonesia . The Partnership' s Executive Office works with government agencies and institutions as well as community based and non-government institutions to advance the national reform agenda.
There is an emerging global consensus that governance practices are hard to change by enforcing conditionality from outside. National ownership is the key to change.
Partnership brings together the Indonesian Government, Legislature, Judiciary, Civil Society, and the Corporate Sector with the support of the International Community in initiating a long-term process to improve governance in Indonesia in a durable way. It expresses Indonesian ownership.
Currently we have immediate vacancies for high caliber Indonesians with high integrity to fill the following positions:
1. Project Manager (1 post)
2. Project Assistant (1 post)
Please visit our website for more detail on each position :